A handmade gift is, in my opinion, always better than anything that can be purchased! Full of love, time and intention, handmade gifts are perfect for family, friends, and that one person in your life who is impossible to shop for or who always asks for socks (you know at least one of those people, right?)! Whether you’re pulling together food gifts, upcycling sweaters into pillows or turning an old chair into a planter, encouraging your loved ones to be more sustainable (by example) while showing them how much you love them with your own handmade gifts is priceless (and can save you a ton of money in the process)!
So, in honor of the upcoming holidays, what’s better than a big round up of 100+ handmade holiday gift ideas? Nothing, right? Right! So, without further ado, I’m going to share a few DIYs of my own, several DIYs from a few of my favorite homestead bloggers and a massive list of all of the gifts I would love to make this season and will do my very best to complete in the next few weeks!
- Fabric “Paper” Towels
- Lemon & Dill Salt
- Mint Sugar & Mint Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple & Cinnamon Infused Whiskey
- Candied Lemon Peels
- Hot Chocolate in a Jar
- Echinacea Tincture
- Cloth Baby Wipes
If you’re super good with power tools, these ideas might spark some action, too:
Or maybe you’re looking for a little more romance in your relationship and would like to show your partner/husband/wife some appreciation and affection over an extended period of time? Check this idea out for something a little more personal.
DIYs by My Favorite Homestead Bloggers
- My Healthy Green Family ::: A DIY Christmas
- Homestead Honey ::: 10 (REALLY) Last Minute Christmas Ideas
- Learning and Yearning ::: Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas
- Joybilee Farm ::: A Dozen Christmas Gifts for Men
- Montana Homesteader ::: Homemade Christmas Gifts
- ImaginAcres ::: The Ulitmate Homemade Holiday
- Urban Overalls ::: Chocolate Scented Lip Balm
- LivinLovinFarmin ::: 12 Days of Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Homestead Honey ::: 100+ Handmade Holiday Gift Ideas
My DIY Wishlist (as well as a wish for more time)
As I mentioned before, I’m really hoping to have all of my holiday gift making and purchasing done before Thanksgiving, but with life being somewhat unpredictable these days (all days?) there are still several things on my list that I would love to pull together before Christmas including:
- This Sugar Skull Embroidery pattern for my favorite 9 year old
- This super cute snowflake shaped White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- This gorgeous Cranberry and Lime Infused Vodka
- These little scrubbies to go with some of our handmade goat’s milk soap
- These mugs
- A few of these gorgeous snowflakes as ornaments
- These super cute Button Bracelets
- A set or two of these sweet little nesting baskets
- Some Pretty Little Scarves
- This cuter than cute pin cushion
- A couple of these colorful snakes!
- These cute little elves as ornaments
- A set or two of these napkins
- One or two of these bird nest necklaces
- A few of these printed candles
- This terrarium
- These roasted cinnamon almonds
- At least one of these super fast arm-knit and super cute scarves
- And, last but not least, this recipe-turned-tea-towel idea that I am so very in love with!
Whew! Not sure I can get to it all, but a lady can dream and scheme, can’t she?
Now, let’s keep the inspiration going! Please share with me what your absolute favorite handmade gift is to make OR which handmade gift you’ve received that has meant the most to you in the comments below!
Looking for even more ideas? Check out my DIY Gifts Board on Pinterest!