Every once in a while, a lady just wants a good, hot, adult beverage! And what better way to appease her than with an absolutely delicious Hot Toddy? Well, I’ll tell you…How about a Hot Toddy using whiskey that has been infused with apples and cinnamon? Oh yeah…
A couple of months ago I came across this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Whiskey and just had to give it a try! So I went out, grabbed the ingredients and threw it all together in the hopes that it would be ready for Thanksgiving. However, Thanksgiving was only 12 days away at that point and the post called for two weeks. I know, I know…two days doesn’t seem like a big deal right? But it can be! So I asked around online and was told it should actually sit for even longer! Well, at this point it was too late and my hopes were set on Thanksgiving, So I just crossed my fingers and placed my new experiment on the pantry shelf next to my Vanilla Extract and Echinacea Tincture and waited patiently for the days to pass.
On Thanksgiving, I strained out the apples and cinnamon and poured a little bit for my brother, partner and I to try. Not only was it delicious, I might dare say it was divine! And the aroma? Oh man…And those two days I was worrying about? They didn’t matter in the end!
I didn’t, at the time, even think about using it to make a Hot Toddy! That is, until last night when, after a long day slid into a very chilly night, I decided to treat myself a bit.
So, without further ado, here’s how you do it all:
Apple & Cinnamon Infused Whiskey
- Two Wide Mouth Pint Sized Jars
- Four Apples (I used Fuji Apples)
- Six half-sized Cinnamon Sticks
- The Whiskey of your choice (I tried a pint of Jameson and a pint of Tullamore Dew. I’d have to say that I liked both infusions equally.)
- Core and slice the apples, splitting them between the two jars
- Stick three sticks of Cinnamon into each jar among the apple slices
- Pour the Whiskey of your choice over the apples and cinnamon
- Seal your jars and place them on a shelf for 10-14 days
- Strain and enjoy! (Do not attempt to eat the apple slices! They will no doubt be disgusting)
If your read the original post over at So, Let’s Hang Out, you’ll see I did it all just a little different than she did. Check out her post and decide for yourself which way might work best for you.
The Worlds Most Perfect Hot Toddy
- One shot of Apple & Cinnamon Infused Whiskey
- One Tablespoon honey
- One Tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot water to taste
There you have it! Super simple and phenomenally delicious! The perfect way to treat yourself to a little something special!
As an aside, I took some of this to a New Years Eve party and it was a complete hit with everyone, but the men especially loved it! So, I see future gifts in this little concoction as well!