Have you ever wanted to make a recipe with fresh cranberries only to find that cranberries aren’t in season or easily available? Yeah, not fun, right? Luckily, it’s super simple to re-hydrate dried cranberries and they are pretty much always available!
- Measure out the amount of cranberries needed for your recipe and pour them into a bowl or a pot
- Pour enough hot water over the cranberries to cover them all
- Cover your bowl or pot to keep in the heat
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes
- Pour off water* and strain the cranberries
- Use just as you would fresh cranberries
Keep in mind:
3/4 cup dried cranberries = 1 cup re-hydrated cranberries
When straining or rinsing foods, catch the water in a large bowl instead of letting it run down the drain, then water your compost pile with it!