Happy weekend, everyone!!! Here are a few items that have caught my eye recently…
Food & Kitchen
- How to make potato chips. These may not be the healthiest things to eat, but darn, they look good!
- This tomatillo sauce looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to harvest our own tomatillos and begin making all kinds of delicious-ness!
Education & Environment
Farm & Garden
- The Nasties in Your Garden Hose - We’ve replaced 2 of 3 hoses with the “drinking water safe” hoses and will do the third ASAP. We chose to do so because of all the fruits and vegetables in our garden…it just didn’t make sense to be so intentional about organic, heirloom, non-GMO seeds and starts and yet water them with a toxic hose.
- Growing, Drying & Using Herbs. Because we all love them. The end
- Heirloom vs. Organic Hybrid Produce.
Preservation & Preparation
- Easily overwhelmed by preparing for an emergency? Yep, me too. But this could come in handy!
- 3 ways to treat a fever at home. Scroll down past the basics in this link and you will find a wealth of information about home remedies, tips and tricks for fighting fevers and staying hydrated while fighting a fever. Great info here!
- I am in love with this chalk board wall calendar! Now, if I can just convince Tool Lady it’s a good idea (and find a spot for it), we’ll be all set!