Happy weekend, everyone!!! Here are a few links that have caught my eye recently…
Food & Kitchen
- This salmon chowder recipe makes me long for colder, drearier days (and I love me some sunshine)!
- Egg Health & Nutrition info. Yes, eggs really can be kept for ~three months! Crazy and incredibly awesome!
- 35 inspiring recipes for the 4th of July. Surely I can be inspired to try at least one of these recipes, right?
Education & Environment
- GMOs in flu vaccines. Because if we won’t eat them, maybe we’ll inject them? Um…no thank you.
- Why Miami will be the next Atlantis.
- Close ups of everyday bugs! So cool!
- Gaia Gardens is a local urban farm that may have to shut down. This is a fair article…Their personal perspective can be found on their blog.
- Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land. This book will, I believe, be quickly on my bookshelf…this hits close to home.
- Lessons on keeping pastured chickens.
- DIY Citronella candles. Keep the bugs away while enjoying the evenings this summer!
Preservation and Preparation
- Freezing rhubarb…because who doesn’t want a rhubarb pie in the dead of winter?
- As we get ready for Sprout to join us, I’ve been feeling very overwhelmed by everything that should be done to prepare to be a mom again. This website might be my saving grace!
I hope you all are enjoying a beautiful weekend!
Enjoy this space? Please vote for me by simply clicking here. Thank you!